ABOUT OF THE OPHTHALMOLOGY
BRB Hospitals Limited has a plan to establish an International Standard Ophthalmology Department. A comprehensive Ophthalmology Centre become operational at the aim to provide an international standard Eye treatment facility to satisfy and meet the demands of our community.
State-of-the art technology base Ophthalmology Department, where Eye specialist will provide patient’s treatments. The Department of Ophthalmology deals with the anatomy, structure, physiology, and diseases related to the eyes. The team offers superlative care and treatment for all aged patients for diseases such as glaucoma, cataract, age-related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
The team provides expert consultation, accurate and early diagnosis and management of various problems affecting the eyes. The department is well designed to render a Comprehensive range of surgical and medical eye care for preservation, protection, restoration and enhancement of vision for all aged patients. The skilled team of ophthalmologists also delivers high-quality eye care related services which include the following:
- Glaucoma screening
- Routine eye check-up
- Trauma care
- Micro incision cataract surgeries
- Diabetic retinopathy screening
- LASIK surgeries
- Assessment of fitness to drive
- Cataract surgery (including phaco-emulsification) and intra-ocular lens (IOL) implant
- Glaucoma and phaco-glaucoma surgeries
- Oculoplastic surgery for correction of droopy lids, aberrant eyelashes, blocked naso-lacrimal ducts and orbital trauma
- Diagnosis and treatment of patients with ophthalmic problems arising from neurological diseases or neurosurgical conditions
- Treatment of patients with vitreo-retinal disease, e.g. retinal detachments or advanced diabetic retinopathy
- 24-hour emergency eye service in the Accident & Emergency Department for treatment of acute eye trauma and other emergencies.