ABOUT OF THE ANESTHESIA
The Department of Anesthesiology of BRB Hospitals Limited provides a range of anesthetic, preoperative and pain management services to patients of all ages. There are also several centers under the Department of Anesthesiology which includes the Pain Management Centre and the Hyperbaric & Diving Medicine Centre.
- Anesthetic care in the operating theatres for all types of surgical, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Sedation and Anesthesia in angiography, endoscopy and radiology suites as required.
- Anesthesia and sedation in the Specialty Centers in the Outram Campus, including National Dental Centre, Singapore National Eye Centre and National Cancer Centre.
SURGICAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT:
- 24 hour specialist intensive care coverage in the surgical intensive care unit, neurosurgical intensive care unit and burns intensive care unit.
PAIN MANAGEMENT UNIT INCLUSIVE OF:
- Acute Pain Service Providing pre- and post-operative pain management procedures like epidural opioids, patient controlled analgesia and regional nerve blocks.
- Providing inpatient and outpatient chronic pain management.
- Anesthetic machines.
- Anesthetic gas monitor is available in every theatre.
- Patient monitors.